Re: HeroQuesting

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:49:36 +0200

Greg :

> >> The Underworld is another Shared World, a part of the shared human Middle
> >> World. The Shared Human Middle World exists in time, hence a variety of
> >> Hero Planes of the "past." Not exceptions at all: just the rule.
> >
> >So the Underworld is a Heroplane, then?

> In essence, yes.

Hmmm : Thanks for that qualifier ! ;-)

I believe that the surface areas of the Underworld, those nearest the Middle World, are part of the Hero Planes. When you go any deeper, that's no longer strictly true, and in the deepest places it's not true at all (although you do have to go *very* deep to reach that point).

I *really* like the Underworld BTW !

> > Or rather a number of
> >"different" Heroplanes? (The U/W of the Golden Age, the Storm Age, etc...)

> One, but made up of many parts all mixed it. A characteristic of the
> Underworld is that it is never made up of one kind of world, but is mixed
> bits from all of them.

... and, unless I'm mistaken, there are also parts of the Underworld that *are* pure ; especially those ones furthest removed from the Middle World, such as those areas where Primal Chaos seeps into Glorantha, or those inside the very scary Black Age (pre-Blue Age Glorantha, viz. Subere write-ups etc).

> No one goes to the dragon world, if there is one. If there is something
> like one, no one can tell what it is. Even the dragon worshippers who go
> there, if there is one, do not perceive it as a place.

:-)

> If you seek warriors out they are like to be demigods, but normal people
> exist too, in droves.

Sure !

Normal 10W3 ... ;-)

Julian Lord