Re: Tradetalk # Heortland

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2002 08:43:53 +0900

Hello, sorry for my delay of reply:

>Message: 5
>From: Osentalka_at_aol.com
>Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2002 19:21:31 EDT
>Subject: Tradetalk # Heortland

Joerg Baumgartner and Peter Metcalph have long debated about Social System and Kingship of Heortlanders in Glorantha Digest on the early days of Volume 9 issues.

http://glorantha.kondalski.org/g9index/

(Though I don't think they have reached any agreement. Because both of them seems to have held different idea about the "foreign" reform of Alakoring and Belintar to Heortlanders and concept of tribal structure.) I think if someone can write enough about these heroes, then as an outcome you can write about Heortland and Hendriki.

http://www.toppoint.de/~joe/homegl.html

>Tradetalk # Heortland is still in need of articles, episodes, narrator=20
>characters, or any other stuff concerning Heortland.=20

Alakoring came from Ralios and attacked Dragonpass, Ingolf was born in Holay and later retired to Delela. But I don't know enough about First Age Ralios and Second Age ralios (and it seems there is not enough certain "official" setting-up, where is Joastland Kingdom?), before and after of Arkat. Maybe Jonas Schiott or David Dunham might help such difficult work.

http://hem.fyristorg.com/bolongo/eastwilds.html

(Peter Metcalph talked about First Age Ralios and fell to doing battle with David Dunham in Tradetalk_First_Age mailing list, as you may know.)

>Volsaxi or Hendriki background that differs from "Thunder Rebels"?
>The Aeolings of Heortland?
>Sir Rikards Rokari?
>Chaos, Trolls, other nasty beasts?

>If you don=B4t want to write something by yourself, but know anything
online=
> or=20
>know someone who has written some good stuff, please pooint us to
it/him.=20

>This issue is for YOU, please help to make it the best you can get!

So, if you want to write about Modern Heortland, IMHO, it is difficult to write whole thing about it except some of few official facts in Barbarian Adventures, it seems there are many opinions about your concern, but there is no agreement.....(If I were your editor, I should put on all of contradicted materials on same book...what a bad editorial work...)

Perhaps new plan about map of Dragonpass in Issaries Official might make some help for your work...

Sincerely:
TI

End of Glorantha Digest