Re: 2nd Age Ralios

From: David Dunham <dunham_at_pensee.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 22:37:59 -0700

Terra Incognita wrote:

> Stygian Autauchy (I guess this term was induced by Nick Brooke...) seems
> that it totally destroyed Ralios Remnants from Bright Empire (and
> Civilization?) In Tradetalk fanzine, some of scenarios mentioned EWF and
> Stygian relics...(I can't remember enough about it.) If it is true, I can
> freely create new setting in the domain of Stygians aside from "few"
> traditionalist stronghold like East Wild...But I must think about how far
> they would go to countryside...

Yes, I'd say the Stygian Empire is pretty much destroyed by the Return to Rightness crusade and the Empire of the Middle Sea. And the EWF. Of course, the worship of Arkat persists into the Third Age. Maybe they have true memories of the Autarchy. I tend to doubt it.

If you're making up Arkat's empire, I think you're on your own as far as official materials go. I think that he ruled the East Wilds, and the people there still haven't forgiven him for it. They may still have been traditionalist, but had to pay burdensome taxes to the trolls.

--

David Dunham   <mailto:dunham_at_pensee.com>
Glorantha/HW/RQ page: <http://www.pensee.com/dunham/glorantha.html>

End of Glorantha Digest