Converting the Cradle

From: Guy Hoyle <ghoyle1_at_airmail.net>
Date: Fri, 3 May 2002 12:53:03 -0500

Hello all,

This is only peripherally on-topic for this forum, so please respond to me at ghoyle1_at_airmail.net if you're interested in pursuing this. I am thinking about running a game set in heroic-age Greece, and am taking the Cradle scenario as inspiration for a similar adventure for my players. The giant baby would actually be the first full-blooded Titan born since before the Olympians took power, and instead of sailing it down a river it would be sailed through the Black Sea, through the Mediterranean, and eventually through the Pillars of Hercules to the River Ocean and beyond. Instead of Lunars and nomads, they'd have to escape from Trojans, Minoan pirates, Achaeans, and Egyptian sorceror-priests, not to mention giant sea-beasties like crabs, squids, and starfish, like a glorified Harryhausen flick. Maybe some Cyclopes with big nets, who knows. I may change the Cradle itself to a floating island, since that seems more Greek to me.

At any rate, I thought I'd see if anybody here had some suggestions for converting the adventure from Glorantha to mythic Greece. One of the big challenges I can see is that you have to be able to reach the Cradle via water in this one; you can't attack it by land unless it runs aground (that will be happening at least once, though, as it did in the original scenario). I'm hazy on how the Olympians will get involved in this scenario, too; obviously, they wouldn't want any new Titans around, but I'm not sure that they would actually be intervening directly.

Again, since this isn't directly related to Glorantha, please email me at ghoyle1_at_airmail.net.

Guy