World Greatest Tournament

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sun, 5 May 2002 20:10:35 +0900

Map of Finland

I have been trying to read Germany "World Greatest Tounament (1996)". It seems that some interesting facts can be found in this booklet for the Kingdom of Nomia, Alakoring Orbuni Clan and Ingolf Garanazar clan. (It seems many new ideas induced in this freeform, like the Naskorion Duke, etc...) Perhaps I should speculate the difference of European Glorantha and American Glorantha....
http://www.tradetalk.de/

Martin Laurie used this term in his Gwandorlinga Saga (though I know you might not admit his stance.) for people of Kocholang and Garundyer. http://www.celtic-webs.com/glorantha/campaigns/gwandor/saga/gwandor65.html

> I do know that Lankst is where you find staff-churches (the kind the
> vikings used to build). There's an article about one in a fairly
> early issue of Tales of the Reaching Moon.

I think it is "Windy Hill" in Tales #12, but I don't have any Tales before Issue #10....
http://www.erzo.org/~shannon/gaming/indices/totrm.html

> > Firstly, I should find proper naming list for Ralian Barbarians, once I
> > thought I can simply use the Sartarite Heortling list for them (TR
> > p.156-157.) But I changed my mind but I cannot use Germanic Names
simply.

> I frequently steal from Irish sources for East Ralios. I don't think
> that Lankst would be the same, but there might be some overlap (the
> way the Vikings used Njall, from Irish Niall).

Or North Germany and South Germany? It seems the magical power of Kocholang (Fire Breathe) is that of Dietrich von Bern.... I think there is rivlary between Lankstans and Delelans... Irish is good for Delelans, so...

> But they are not Heortling, so don't use Heortling names.
>
> > How I can pickup name from RW parallels for them? (Surely, AFAIK,
> > some Sartarite have Icelandic Names...) "The foolish father chose name
for
> > his son "Heort" !" Is Alakoring real human name?
>
> Yes, I think Alakoring is a real name. I think we know only three
> names from Lankst (Alakoring, Kocholang, Garundyer) and they're all
> at least 3 syllables.

And I can add Harandros Ironbrain from Avalonhill Genertela Box. Some "near-Unofficial" source taught me Siglolf Cloudcrasher and Jofrain Nightburner were also Lankstans if they were not accepted foreigners through Orlanthi Custom.

TI