Sun's path across the Skydome?

From: Darran <darransims_at_ukonline.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2002 21:40:05 +0100

Greetings and Salutations
2002-05-08-2135.

I am just trying to work out shadows on hills and other landmarks for a map I am doing and I was wondering what the path of the Gloranthan sun (Yelm, Yelmalio, Elmal, or whatever) across the Skydome? Is it a northerly arc so that the Dara Happans get more sun (and the shadows will fall south?) or is it more southern like the RW so that the shadows fall north?
I realise that the shadows are often not resulting from the absence of light but the presence of darkness.
Also I remember reading about the great transition that is the sun going through Rausa's Gate at twilight and the arrival of Xentha's Cloak that heralds the coming of night that happens (strangely enough) daily. Would this have significance to everyday living for Gloranthans? (namely the Heortlings in particular).

Cheers in advance,
DARRAN SIMS.
darransims_at_ukonline.co.uk
darren.sims_at_derby.gov.uk