"knowing"

From: Carl Fink <carl_at_fink.to>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2002 10:06:37 -0400

There's an interesting implication of Greg's comments on the Green vs. later ages (that since there was no individual consciousness in the Green earlier ages, we can never truly understand them).

See, as a science-trained person that sounds like a non-sequitur. We understand lots of things that we can't experience personally. I understand the QUANTUM, which is pretty darn weird. I understand, oh, the reason that certain floral extracts (colchicine from the periwinkle) cause mutations, but I've never experienced meiosis.

So one suspects that Greg's using the word "understand" somewhat differently from me.

--
Carl Fink		carl_at_fink.to
I-Con's Science and Technology Programming