Aldryami Consciousness

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 07:57:00 -0700

At 06:01 AM 5/14/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
>Erg. Beware the unconscious gregging. Are you aware
>that there is something of a consensus on the list
>that at least a significant minority (highly likely a
>plurality and probably a majority; in any case, your
>"average" elf) of elves have only something that woud
>be more fairly called participation in a group
>consciousness than an individual consciousness?
:) It would not be the first time that the list majority was in conflict with my thoughts. :)
In fact, the issue of elf consciousness is going to be securely settled by Shannon Appel, who has been commissioned to write the HQ Aldryami supplements. He and I have extensively determined the official answers to this. I am very happy with the results.

>think the consensus was that they vary across the
>range from totally immersed in the Song (to the point
>of failing to understand which is their Voice) all the
>way over to totally deaf to the Song. Along the way,
>you get "can hear the song, and knows which voice is
>which"; "can hear the song, knows which is mine"; "can
>hear the song, can leave the song temporarily"; "can
>hear the song, can leave the song for long periods,
>can change the key that the entire song sings"; etc.
Interesting. I think you will all be surprised and pleased with the result, when it is out. In the mean time, YGMV and do what you want.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_glorantha.com
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>