What Ages?

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:16:18 -0700

At 06:01 AM 5/14/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>> In the Green Age you and I are not separate things.
>> We are members of the same people, not individual
>> beings. We are the clan, for instance.
>
>If there are different Black,, Blue, and Green Agess,
You have not seen me say there are these different ages, expept perhaps in a GL context.

>then I don't buy this formulation. Valare could and
>did distinguish between things. But the distinctions
>lacked meaning, or had other meanings, as often as
>they had the right meaning. I'd buy this formulation
>for a Blue Age, if they are different things.
As you wish. YGMV.

>If the Black, Blue, and Green Ages are really the same
>things, understood by different peoples,
We don't know if this is true or not. Nor do the Gloranthans.

>then I'd buy
>this formulation and assume that the distinctions and
>meanings Valare sugggests are simply imposed by the
>mind after it returns to historical time.
I do not know of any statements made by Valare that would support her saying anythign about the so-claled "black age" or the Blue Age. Provaria = Green Age.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_glorantha.com
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>