Re: Ages and Consciousness

From: Nils Weinander <nils_w_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 03:59:35 -0700 (PDT)

Greg on the "Green Age":

> But in fact, for normal people attempting to
> experience this, they lose their personal bearings. They have
> no place of understanding from which to view. They are not people,
> and without a person's perspective lose their very place in the
> cosmos.

Which is a bad thing, I guess, unless you are a mystic. Mystics actively seek this and arrive prepared for the dissolution of self.

Mashunasan tells of individual consciousness, group consciousness, world consciousness and primordial non-consciousness and maps these on the mythic world cycles. Incidentally this mapping does not correspond to the primordial elemental age progression Julian suggests.

Furthermore, not even mystics within the same culture, with the same teacher agree on these things (see the myth of the three sages), which speaks for their unknowability.

Nils Weinander

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience
http://launch.yahoo.com