Re: Tylenea and Orenoar

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 03:31:14 -0700 (PDT)

> Unlikely considering that Lhankor Mhy does not have
> the
> same relationship to Truth that Humakt does to
> Death.
> The nearest god is Dayzatar who is hardly reachable
> these days (and the only myth that states her fate
> states
> that she now resides with Dayzatar).
>
> Since the Pelorian myths of Dayzatar that we have do
> not
> know Orenoar, I think Orenoar and Dayzatar are
> connected
> together in the Holy Country (probably in the
> civilized regions
> of Caladraland - i.e. the Low Temple and
> Porthomeka). An
> Orenoar cult would be still be quite strange.

these are good suggestions. I did not thought to Dayzatar, but the Holy Country reference is very fitting my ideas

> >Provided that the answer is "yes", to which deities
> is
> >Tylaenea liable to be connected?
>
> Eurmal and Donandar are the most obvious that I can
> think of.
>
> --Peter Metcalfe

> Gian:
> > For plotline purposes, I push the analogy a bit
> > further: if Kargan may be contacted as a subcult
> of
> > Humakt, Orenoar could be considered a very unusual
> > subcult of Lhankor Mhy?
>
> I'm not from a tradition that is big on responsorial
> psalms, but "For
> plotline purposes" would make a pretty good one, if
> you subscribe to
> the Church of the Gamesmaster. ;-)

:)

> Any "Illusion rune cult" from a culture with any
> plausible connection
> to the GL monomyth (either before or after the
> fact), if it comes right
> down to it. If your game is Heortling, the top
> three entries would
> be: Eurmal, Eurmal, Eurmal, and Eurmal (sic).
>
> Cheers,
> Alex.

Eurmal?

But I would link Rastlaff to Eurmal.

For Tylenea I was thinking about somebody else.

Donandar? Good suggestion.

The Moon(s) deities?
Has Dayzatar any healed version among the Lunar pantheon or do you know of any myth connecting Sedenya and Dayzatar?

Ciao
Gian

Do You Yahoo!?
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience