re: fonrit topics

From: Bwbfc_at_aol.com
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 22:37:58 EDT

Terra Incognita:
> >> Land of Laskal: Violence Land??
>
> >Why do you think Laskal is the Violence Land?
>
> Because Garangordos the Cruel came from there
> and Harrek the Berserk founded
> his kingdom over that area. period. (Very silly reason?)

I don't know. Maybe they'll remember Harrek as the founder-hero who united them.

> IMO, Garangordos the Cruel reversed Pamalti annual ritual when
> he conquered Veldang in RM. I don't know how Yranians urged
> their rebellion. But if they didn't (don't) think civilzation
> is slavery....

In order to be able to worship their crippled gods, whose bodies were "dissipated in the waters", the Blues have to cripple their own souls and become extensions of their master's body, otherwise they become wretched. This is how they worship their gods as far as i know. But Yran is a god with a body which is not crippled, and his magic allowed the Yranian Leapers to heal the souls of the blues, so they could freely worship and make bloody revenge on their masters for all the tapping they suffered (and do whatever else the Yranian Leapers told them to do for their own mystic purpose, whether it was to include the blues back into the necklace, or something remotely similar in order to grab power.)

When the Yranian Leapers disappeared, the Blues promptly returned to slavery, but they have tended to be less and less wretched and recently they revolt more often. Probably the Red Moon could act as the conduit to the power of the Artmali gods.

> Nikk Effingham seems to think that Harrek made Errinoru's
> heroquest by the circumnavigating the Homeward and maybe used
> this magic to conquer Aldryami of that area.

Even though all circumnavigation heroquests probably have patterns and purposes in common, I'm not sure about the point that Harrek did 'Errinoru's heroquest'.

Jerome