Gold Loving Wyverns

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2002 23:05:57 +0900

From David Dunham's Ralios to Harald Smith's Saird....

In Elder Secrets of Glorantha: Secret Book, wyverns of Peloria like gold because their ancestor True Dragon ? (Name? Tsualanforis Greedy? I don't have English SB.) It was killed by Vingkot.

Drang the Diamond Storm Dragon was created by EWF mass magic against Alakoring and Carmanians, maybe diamond still can be found in 17 C Aggar Kingdom. (Some imagined Lord Dunsany's "The Fortress Unvanquishable, save for Sacnoth" for Alakoring and Drang)

Orlanth killed Mover of Heaven Sh'hakarzeel (though Argrath used it against Red Moon in the end of Argrath Saga) and Aroka. Dragon's Head is Eighth Star of Orlanth's Ring. And some notes of Orvanshagor subcult, Femman the Coral and Drathdaw the Stone.

Harald Smith:
>I'm not sure what specific questions you are trying to address in this
post, or if you are just looking for additional commentary. My only comment
>is in regard to this piece:

>> Three Great Dragonslayers
>> Lord Survilstar of Carmania
>> Emperor Karvanyar of Dara Happa
>> King Alakoring of Lankst and Aggar
>>
>> High King Verenmars of Saird founded a Great Shrine for these Great
>> Dragonslayers for their power to fight against EWF during "Three Brothers
>> Divided the World" period.
>>

>Since Verenmars used a very loose confederation of tribes (typically
without a center point) to oppose the EWF's pyramid scheme approach, he
>more likely scattered dragonfighting powers amongst his allies rather than
founding a Great Shrine which the EWF could directly attack. Each >tribe or clan would then carry portions of these powers that could be brought together in differing combinations to attack the EWF.

EWF's "Second Dragon" Army boasted "Invincible" under the EWF Banner, Alakoring tried to avoid it or at least try to steal their War Banner...?

Though John Hughes wrote that Fogarth Toothaxe stole Ormsword from EWF in his Farpoint timeline, I don't know why it is so important for his timeline. It was used for Sacred Ritual of Utuma....

TI