Discussion becomes Documentation

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Wed, 05 Jun 2002 09:07:10 -0700

Friends,

The discussion being forwarded so diligently by Julian is entertaining and occasionally interesting, but ultimately unsettlable. [I use Julian's discussion only because it is so present. A lot of discussions can be treated in the manner described below.]
It is sometimes a bit frustrating to see it go on and on. I occasionally tire of these discussions because they cannot be settled. They are out of context because they are of Earth, not Glorantha. I would like to propose a way to deal with this, in a Gloranthan manner that would, I think, be more entertaining and interesting. Rather than arguing endlessly on these matters I would really like to see them presented as a Gloranthan document. That is, Julian could write up a document that presents his theory as a Gloranthan theory. It would be in context. It could be used in a game. It could be tested, in Glorantha, for its veracity, using the HeroQuest Challenge. A HeroQuest adventure would be to test theories. I would love to see this happen more. I occasionally tire of people trying to convince me (or each other) of the truth in Glorantha. I would love to see these things presented as a Gloranthan document and then put into the HeroQuest context for testing.
Rather than trying to determine "what Glorantha is" or "What Glorantha has been," a more fertile context would be to set forth a discerned truth and then determine "What Glorantha is going to be." This is the essence of the Hero Wars.
This would move the Hero Wars forward, contribute to the game, to your and others' campaigns and present oodles of data for people to play with. Is this possible?

Greg Stafford, greg_at_glorantha.com
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>

End of Glorantha Digest