Gloranthan Classics - Cult Compendium Update

From: Meints, Richard (R.J.) <"Meints,>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2002 11:15:27 -0400

Greetings all,

I'm writing to you to announce the imminent publication of Volume III of the Gloranthan Classics series. The Cult Compendium is going to the printers on May 8th. I am scheduled to receive delivery  of the finished books by May 31st. While the actual publication date for this book has slipped from earlier estimates, the finish is at hand.

In light of this, I am now accepting advance orders of the book. Before I get into the logistics on how to do that, let me tell you a bit more about what's in the book, etc.

Gloranthan Classics Volume III - The Cult Compendium

Hardcover (with dust jacket) and softcover versions will be available from the offset. The book is 352 pages in length, with a full color cover. In general, it is very similar in look and feel to the previous two volumes. As for the contents, the book contains 41 cults, including all of the cults found in the original Gloranthan supplements Cults of Prax, Cults of Terror and Trollpak. To round out the book's completeness I have also added in the Gloranthan cults from various issues of White Wolf and Different Worlds magazines. Associated background articles from Wyrms Footnotes and similar sources give you a complete breakdown on how rune magic, spirit magic, elementals, and runes operate within the game world. To wrap up the book I've added all of the designer's notes, some of which have never been published before. A vastly improved index makes looking up this entire range of material accessible all in one book. Like the previous volumes, the topics are vividly detailed with the addition of over 50 new pieces of art, bringing the total to well over 110 snapshots into cult life (and death). Lastly, it's also worth mentioning that I've added in additional genealogies for the various pantheons along with an updated cult compatibility chart surpassing even the one found in the Runequest Companion. In the end, it is a hefty book that provides untold hours of reading and gaming pleasure.

Just for absolute clarity, the original material has not been updated for the Hero Wars or Heroquest games published by Issaries Inc. The material is as originally presented, albeit with a new layout. If multiple versions of a cult were published, the last official version is used. Almost all of this material was written for the second edition of the rules.

So how can you order it, and why do so now? To help get sales going (and pay the printer), I'm offering a pre-release discount price of $50 for the hardcover and $35 for the softcover. As of June 1st, the normal retail price of $60 for the hardcover and $45 for the softcover will be resumed. For those of you who would like to pay in either Pounds Sterling or Euros, no problem. You can also pay me via Paypal, or by credit card via the Tradetalk website. As before, these prices include surface mail postage to anywhere in the world.

Note, even the regular retail prices for this book make it a better deal than either Pavis & Big Rubble, or Griffin Mountain. I've got a better deal on the printing costs and I'm passing them directly on to you.

Payment Methods:
Paypal email: RJMeints_at_cs.com
Credit Card Payments: visit www.tradetalk.de UK Cheques or Money Orders: make them payable to R. Meints. US Checks or Money Orders: make them payable to R. Meints.

Mail UK Payments to: