Spades and Bloody Shovels

From: Andrew Barton <AndrewBarton_at_compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 14:49:42 -0400

> As you may know, British soldiers were nicknamed Tommies (from Kipling'=
ss
> Tommy Atkins) and Russians were Ivan.

British soldiers were also called Redcoats, Lobsters, and ruder names. =

Names for Germans included Jerries, Huns, Boche, Teds (by the British in Italy, from the Italian Tedesci). The British fighting the Maoris in New=

Zealand called their opponents 'Jacky', and the Maoris called the Brits -=

'Jacky'.

IMO there are lots of different names for the Lunars in Dragon Pass, and which one someone uses tells you something about him. I think we need so= me
ruder names than any suggestions we've had so far.

Andrew