Subjectivity and Objectivity

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 15 Jun 2002 23:58:37 +0900

Hello....Excuse me for a bit off topic.

I managed to finish almost all the translation of "Lowlights from the Sobjectivist Debate" from English to Japanese. I hope original authors, Nick Brooke and Alex Ferguson generously permit me to put it on my humble website, (if I have a chance, I want to translate Peter Metcalph's "Crimson Greg" on Questline Fanzine.) If you cannot permit or want some condition, please teach me.

Original Writing Address is here:
http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/articles/sobjective.htm

By the way, I have some parts which cannot be understood through my poor knowledge....(and this is very complicated writings.)

>BTW, that everyone "makes up" their own version of events; that >cultures
can just pretend to believe something and, Picard- >like, "make it so".

I don't know well about Picard. Is he Jean Picard? And I can't understand why he was mentioned here.

Jean Picard:
<<1620-1682
French cleric and astronomer who made an accurate measurement of a degree of meridian and subsequently calculated the circumference of the earth (1668-1670).>>

And:
"Lowlights from the Sobjectivist Debate" I think you intentionally mistook the spelling of this title Subjectivist. But I don't know how can be the verb "sob" to negative meaning in english.

Thank you for your attention for this silly matter. I feel a little bit nervous to send personally mails to the authors for my past clumsy behavior.

TI