Re: Sobjectivism

From: Nick Brooke <nick_at_etyries.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 14:39:18 +0100

TI asks:

>> ... pretend to believe something and, Picard-like, "make it so".

> I don't know well about Picard. Is he Jean Picard?

Nope, Jean-Luc Picard, captain of the Starship Enterprise. "Make it so" is his catchphrase.

> "Lowlights from the Sobjectivist Debate"
> I think you intentionally mistook the spelling of this title
Subjectivist.
> But I don't know how can be the verb "sob" to negative meaning in
english.

There are two punning meanings in English:

  1. Subjective + Objective => Sobjective
  2. after a while, the futility of the debate makes you want to cry.

> Thank you for your attention for this silly matter.

You're very welcome.

Alex asked:

> Does anyone have any thoughts (or come to that, hard info) on the
> events of Starbrow's Rebellion?

Only what we put in "Wyrms Footprints."

Cheers, Nick