Caladra & Aurelion, Stygian Heresy

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 23:19:52 +0900

Thank you very much, Nick.....

I should research more about American TV Series....

> > "Lowlights from the Sobjectivist Debate"
> > I think you intentionally mistook the spelling of this title
> Subjectivist.
> > But I don't know how can be the verb "sob" to negative meaning in
> english.
>
> There are two punning meanings in English:
>
> 1) Subjective + Objective => Sobjective
>
> 2) after a while, the futility of the debate makes you want to cry.

Surely, I noticed only 2)... For IMHO I unconsciously ignore 1) for my tendency to subjectivism (I think I wander around category 3-5(!) by the categorization of Alex), and I didn't initiate Glorantha and Rune Quest until the RQ Japanese 3rd Edition.

> Message: 10
> Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 01:49:06 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
> Subject: Tessele
> To: Glorantha list <glorantha_at_rpglist.org>
>
> Tessele the True.
>
> I have found references to her in Tradetalk 4-5
> referring to kethaela history.
>
> Is there any less vague reference I could read about
> her? Where can I find it?
>
> Ciao,
> Gian

AFAIK, Tales of the Reaching Moon #7 Caladra & Aurelion Cult, its Runelords are called "Companion of Tessele". And she is the Spirit of Reprisal of this cult writeup. (Thank you, Malion....)

BTW, if you have this copy, see p.20 Arkat Illustration: And change to the Book of Drastic Resolution: Darkness, p. 27. Greg's "I hate Trolls. " Illustration. (Makoto Hokura) Though James Frusetta depicted his uz artwork "too demonic"....I love his Arkat version. If I have Trademark, I rather want to purchase some products like magcup or T-shirt by his art. (Though it sounds a sort of partiality...) Anyway, you can check your own nysalor / arkat-ness by this act.

Reference:
Tales of the Reaching Moon #13 Malkioni Special Hero Wars Rules Book & Narrators Book
Revealed Mythologies

Since Tales of the Reaching Moon #13 was published....7 years have passed. See page 13, here is the old definition of Stygian Heresy, it includes Carmanians, Aeolians and Syanorans...

And Black Horse County and aeolian finally lost their Arkatiness out of older version unofficial Glorantha...certainly Stygian Heresy is oppressed under the Rule of Hero Wars...

As far as I read HW 1st Rule: there are six (seven) planes for Orthodox Malkioni Cosmology (Don't count Arkati / Carmanian !) Joy
Solace created by First Action? / Ferbirth Saint Plane created by Second Action / Kiona Adept Plane created by Third Action / Malkion Mundane Plane created by Fourth Action / Ordelvis Hell Plane (Underworld?) created by Fifth Action / Malkionaru

What is Malkioni? Since I read the debate about the definition of Malkioni between Martin and Peter while they touched carmanians in HW mailing list post log. (IMHO, they are called Malkioni by Pagans, and non-Malkioni by Pagans) I asked myself this definition.

  1. Sorcerers / Wizards using Intellect (Term? of RM) and Logic to material world. (But Mostali....)
  2. Believe Malkion. (Yes, our enemies actually mistook Devil to the Supreme God.)
  3. Don't believe False God(s) (Yes, Saints are not False Gods, our ancestors went Solace after Death though we cannot contact them.)
  4. Draw Power from Sorcerer Plane (Adept Plane and Saint Plane. Not Underworld!)

While, I can count similar list for "Stygian Heresy"

  1. Sorcerers / Wizards using Intellect (and Mystic Power?) for using Stygian Sorcery (?What is Stygia?)
  2. Believe Arkat. (Though you cannot contact him though he was Zorak Zorani / Humakti. Maybe in the ambience of Saint Plane, you cannot. Is there possibility that Arkat was a sort of Dark Mystic like Sheng Seleris? )
  3. Believe Other Gods. (Especially Kyger Litor as the mother of Stygian Magic Source (if I believe the writings of the Uz: Unspoken Word) and ZZ because he was once the Patron of Arkat at least in the final stage of Gbaji War)
  4. Draw Power from Underworld? (I don't know how Greg thought about it, but if all of Elder Races have a contact to some portion of Underworld, IMHO Mostali (and Uz Arkati) draw their sorcery spells from Underworld rather than Adept Plane.

Mainstream and Heresies commiting contact to false gods

*Mainstream
*>>Stygian Heresy?
*>>>>Pagans using Sorcery

*Malkion

<Maseren

*>>Waertagi lost their Immortality while they touched with False Eransanchula
of Sea.
(Insert Greg Stafford Statement by Merpriestess told me, how you can harmonize merfolk's pessimistic and
fatalistic world-view and that of Brithini......)

*>>>>Mostali
First, there is Mostal. Though Malkioni Creed stated that Underworld was created by Fifth Action (Destruction), it seems that this idea is contradict to Pagan Creed...because they believe the link of Darkness-Sea-Earth-Fire-Storm. (Event though Three (Four?) Otherside independently worked before God's War, such idea is mainly derived from God Learners....IMHO) See Greg's "The World is made of Everything. (http://www.glorantha.com/new/everything.html)" Even Arrogant Dara Happans don't believe they "create" Evil of Underworld, but Malkioni and their almighty "God" (or infalliable Logic) knew what is Time by their Logic of Cause and Effect. IMHO they have their own Original Nodes and Matrixes surrounding their own image to their God without personality, or Mostal/ World Machine.

*After Zzabur destroyed the Error of Malkion (Humanity Part of Malkion) The possibility of Schism between Sorcerers and Humanists (Later, Knights?)

<Paseren

*>>Vadeli (allied with Mostali, Chaos Gods...) I think Vadeli began Demonology (Controlling siblings of false gods and outside errors beyond Logic.) They committed Trade / Seduction /or even Submission to the Horde of Pagan Gods / Mostali/ Chaos? (these are classic Gloranthan Terms.) But i don't think they have clear concept between the Dualsitic Concept of Good and Evil peculiar for later Malkioni Religion, this is similar to the attitude of other Gloranthan cultures.

*>>And Blue Magicians of Sweet Water Sea, and Blue God YarGan are another group
of Sorcerers which commited to trade with "False Gods". Though there is only the opinions from enemy side, as Vadeli.

(Slarge Sorcerers? of Pamaltela, offshoot of mostali and vadeli?)

*Hrestol Joy and Knighthood
Crusade

Original Malkioni wasn't so intolerant to pagan worship, rather indifferent to their errorsity. (FWIW, Zzabur and other false gods are Runes derived from Malkion....Erasanchula created by Maseren. It is similar to the Worship to YAHWAH for Early Jew attitude against pagans while their God was a jealous Fire God of Dessert. See Weber?) IMHO against Oppressive Policy and Inquisition are from God Learnish Movement, Return to Righteousness. (though it seems Zzabur might have commited first conduct by persecuting Hrestol and began such concept.)

*>>Serpent Dynasty (See my humble memorundom for the Glorantha Dragonspawns and Serpent)

*>>And Blue Magicians of Sweet Water Sea, and Blue God YarGan are another group of Sorcerers which committed to trade with "False Gods". Though there is only the opinions from enemy side, as Vadeli.

I don't know whether the remnants of Sweet Water and YarGan contacted to the Army of Arkat or not. If they did so, I think I barely can call them Arkati....it seems that their Troll relationship derived from Gbaji War...

*Arkat and his betrayals

*>>Ralios Stygian Heresy and Hero Quest Art (Underworld, Uzdom)

(When I visited Issaries Office, Greg showed me the Book of WIP of "the Art of Peloria" and kindly asked my impression about the book. (I cannot say anything useful at that time, and after I returned back to Japan, I wrote some graffiti about DH cities...sorry, off topic.) But what I thought most interesting was (unfortunately?) about the blank of Spolite Art of the Book. For the method of Greg and his Glorantha approach to Fantasy and Mythology, it seems it doesn't permit the existence of Absolute Evil...After Greg more and more obscured the concept of "Chaos" by multi-culturalism, Lunar and East Mysticism, this process seems obsessing.....)

And how about Demonology & Dadamus / Devil? IMHO Ganesatarus was reversibly induced from Pelandan upriver of Fronela....to Malkioni Mainstream.

*>>>>Late Spolite Witchcraft (Think about the Image of Yolanera...) It fought against Jernotian Mystics, after Carmanians invaded Pelanda, Carmania became the miniature copy of Whole HW Glorantha by four magical system....and I suppose it makes the main factor of headache for ILE designers...

*Serozos of Jrustela &Abiding Book

Maybe first concept of "Devil" opposing to One God is derived from Abiding Book and concept of Invisible God, and the Return Righgteous makes apparent the schism of Makan and Irensavel, the schism came to serious after the Citadel of Logic and Brithos disappeared from Glorantha, because it connected material and spiritual, after that you can divide roughly two Malkioni Factions....Hidden Mover (Irensaval...Carmania & Fronela?) and Invisible God (Makan.....Tanisor and Safelster?).

*>>Carmania Idovanus (Connection to Dara Happan Sun Worship?) Syranthir exile from Fronela
See above about Spolitism, and some of magi of Dark Shah drew their Power from Ganesatarus, Supreme God of Deceit and Evil for Vile Spolites...IIRC.

*>>Zabandan Inflamers (Degenerated God Learners?) Sacrifice to One God Odd and Strange even for the standard of Demonologists of GodLearners.

*>>>>Late Carmanianism
Contact to Lunars and Changing Phase of Lunars (Chaos?)

*Orthodox Modern Malkioni
Rokari and New Hrestoli