Peltasts

From: Richard Crawley <RichC_at_SYPTE.CO.UK>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 11:11:10 +0100

I would do peltasts somewhat uniformed so as to distinguish them from tribal warriors like their Orlanthi enemies or the Bush Rangers. Depends to some extent whether you want the parade ground or campaign look (though from Tarsh War it appears that the difference in one of degree only).

I intend to do some Peltasts for my "Lunars in Pavis" Hordes of the Things army. I will use a variety of differently equipped peltast figures - different helmets, slight variations in shield shape - but paint them with one or two items of uniform equipment in common. Thus I think probably they will all wear dull red tunics and have similar shield designs but for the rest, anything goes.

BTW if the Lunars eat Lunar Apples (tomatoes), might not "Tommies" be a good name for their troops?

Richard Crawley