Malkioni comments

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2002 22:33:43 +1200

Terra:

>And Black Horse County and aeolian finally lost their Arkatiness out of
>older version unofficial Glorantha...

The Arkatism of Black Horse County came from the Genertela Book p58 where a temple to Arkat is mentioned.

>What is Malkioni?

At the broadest, I would say that any religion that claims descent from the Land of Logic is a Malkioni religion. This applies even though the religion might use non-sorcerous magic (Carmanians, Vadeli).

>Is there possibility that Arkat was a sort of Dark Mystic like Sheng
>Seleris? )

I don't think he was.

>Original Malkioni wasn't so intolerant to pagan worship, rather indifferent
>to their errorsity.

Or rather they considered that paganism among the peasantry could not be eradicated but merely controlled. It was the God Learners who showed otherwise.

--Peter Metcalfe