Sorcery, Jolanti, Dorastor

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 01:53:20 +0900

Hello:

>Me: >And Black Horse County and aeolian finally lost their Arkatiness out
of
> >older version unofficial Glorantha...
>
> The Arkatism of Black Horse County came from the Genertela Book p58
> where a temple to Arkat is mentioned.

Surely, and it changed to Atrox or dropped it as a "typo".....

> >What is Malkioni?
>
> At the broadest, I would say that any religion that claims descent
> from the Land of Logic is a Malkioni religion. This applies even
> though the religion might use non-sorcerous magic (Carmanians,
> Vadeli).

I don't know what you say that Vadeli use other type of magic aside from Sorcery...Revealed Mythologies?

> Me:> What is Malkioni? Since I read the debate about the definition of
Malkioni
> > between Martin and Peter while they touched carmanians in HW mailing
list
> > post log. (IMHO, they are called Malkioni by Pagans, and non-Malkioni by
> > Pagans) I asked myself this definition.
> >
> > a) Sorcerers / Wizards using Intellect (Term? of RM) and Logic to
material
> > world.
> > (But Mostali....)
> > b) Believe Malkion. (Yes, our enemies actually mistook Devil to the
Supreme
> > God.)

Trotsky:
> Technically, anybody who follows Malkion's teaching is Malkioni. This is
> not say that all Malkioni will agree that all other Malkioni are
> deserving of the term, of course! In practice, it's at least as vague as
> the term 'Orlanthi' incorporating Heortlings, Esrolians and many others
> besides.

Then Vadeli is not Malkioni. And some of them (Carmanians?) forget how they did accurately call "Malkion". Fronalako or Malakinus...

And Martin Laurie and Official HW Rule states that Carmanians are not Malkioni.

> Me:> c) Don't believe False God(s) (Yes, Saints are not False Gods, our
ancestors
> > went Solace after Death though we cannot contact them.)
> > d) Draw Power from Sorcerer Plane (Adept Plane and Saint Plane. Not
> > Underworld!)
>
> Certainly mainstream Malkioni do all four of these things. Venerational
> worship is also a key feature. But there are some 'Malkioni' (that is,
> people who claim to follow Malkion's teaching) who don't have a problem
> with False Gods - the waertagi spring to mind. Obviously, Hrestoli and
> Rokari would never admit that these people are really Malkioni...

Veneration...HW 1st Rule p.168. But "veneration is related to the learning of sorcery, it does not necessarily endorse it." IMHO the meaning of English "Veneration" is vague... If Mostali use Veneration....as Brithini (and Vadeli and Waertagi, other "atheists".)

Do you know anything about Jolanti Rebellion against Nidan Mostali? When did it occur?
I cannot remember enough about Gonn Orta and his aid to Jolanti given Free Will by Aldryami....
Can I find some reference in Griffin Mountain?

Why I dislike Mostali
http://www.glorantha.com/library/elder/dwarfs-dislike.html Creating Jolanti
http://www.glorantha.com/library/elder/dwarfs-jolanti.html

In FS, Hecolanti of Emperor. Sothenik seems the relative of Jolanti...(Martin Laurie's shorttale "Manlavus Star Buseri") Do you know anything about Great Jolanti? It was called Dringi in Malion's Tome Fanzine....
Do you know anything about the colony of Aggar Jolanti? Are there any specific group staying in the realm of Inora? How about the Fauna and Flora of Mountain Nida of Decamony?

in Scandinavian Myth, main theme and rivalry set between Giants and Aesir....

There is some remained vadrudi communities after Great Darkness? (Anaxial Roster: Hrimthur Frost Giants) and residents of Ygg Isles revere their god of Yggs offspring of Vadrus.

Rockwood Mountain...

In King of Sartar, Sky Reach (Root of West Rockwood & Mislari) links Dragonspine - Sky Fall (Black Orm Mountain=Spider Mountain (TR)). Top of the World is certainly the hinge of Nidan and West Rockwood in the "Elder Secrets of Glorantha".

From HW mailing list:
>>Where does the Mountains of Nida end and the West Rockwood start?
>>High Llama or Kartolin?

Peter:
>I think the two mountain ranges meet at Top of the World, south of
>Brolia (c.f. the Lunar Map). West of Top of the World is the Nidan
>Mountains while to its southeast is the Western Rockwoods.

I long mistakely supposed the location of the Top of the World (Mt. Farar by Heortlinga)...until I see the Lunar Map of Wesley Quadros and Martin Laurie. I think the map of
Japanese Genetela Box and translators of RQ had this responsibility. (They changed translation term several times, and I mistook long it locates Just north of Halikiv...In Thunder Rebels, it is called Lyran.) What is the hidden meaning of Skyreach and Skyfall in KOS? Perhaps it links to the Engizi the Serpent and Creek Stream River in EWF era. (See KOS, Report of Hrestol Arganitis)

Change the first landing place of Alakoring...(from Aggar to Brolia?)

It seems that 2nd Age Old Traditionalists keep their residence closer to Dorastor against EWF as modern 17 C Bilini do against Lunars...

Telmoria of Ralios & Laughing Warrior Talor.....it seems Alakoring also took a role to drive them from Ralios to Fronela and Peloria?

Book of Drastic Resolution: Chaos, and Dorastor: Land of Doom Telmori of Nangtali Plateau fled from High Llama (from Talor? Alakoring?) to come to the Land of Chaos....around 850 ST? Dorastor, and some of them went further to....Dragon Pass? (Insert struggle of Heortling and the compromise of Sartar.)

Ash Flat Sump (c. 900 ST) can relate to Attack of Chaos Horde in the "Dragonpass History" and the first Victory of Alakoring beyond Rockwood...

Sir Javinu should be changed as Sir Wilstor (Survilster?). http://www.btinternet.com/~Nick_Brooke/carmania/lionshah.htm

Sincerely:
TI