Re: GTA Archives quoting

From: Chris Lemens <chrislemens_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:50:32 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_albionsoft.com>

> It is generally not on to quote from the GTA
> archives. They are provided to members of the GTA as
> an incentive for people to join, and allow Issaries
> to keep publishing. Please, everyone, in future
> treat these sources as confidential.

The application of this policy to the present circumstance seems a biut much to me. As I understood it, there was to be no distribution of the pieces as a whole, no quotation of large chunks of it, and no paraphrasing of the entire thing. I could also see that one should not disclose the contents of the higher levels, since they may include things like sketchy story arcs, that are nowhere close to "fact". (I've no access to it, so I speculate in ignorance.)

However, it seems pretty unfair to say that we can't quote or paraphrase a single, isloated, relatively minor fact at a time out of it, as Terra did in this instance. Is that really, truly the policy? Anything obtained from the GTA archives are to be esoteric knowledge only shared with those that we confirm are also entitled to see it? Where do we get the secret handshake?

Chris Lemens

Do You Yahoo!?
Yahoo! - Official partner of 2002 FIFA World Cup http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com