Re: GTA Archives quoting

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_albionsoft.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 17:18:48 +0100

>However, it seems pretty unfair to say that we can't
>quote or paraphrase a single, isloated, relatively
>minor fact at a time out of it, as Terra did in this
>instance. Is that really, truly the policy? Anything
>obtained from the GTA archives are to be esoteric
>knowledge only shared with those that we confirm are
>also entitled to see it? Where do we get the secret
>handshake?

As far as I am aware, yes, this is the policy. Terra Icognita's infringement is, indeed, minor. But better to draw a line here than set a precedent. I certainly don't want to be in the position of deciding which infractions are 'serious enough' to break the policy.

You'll have to ask Greg for the secret handshake.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson