RE: Roderick's Game at Tentacles

From: Edward G McDonald <EGM_at_Trinity-Group.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 11:24:31 +0100

>(Very many sheets to the wind - David Hall
>and myself put away three bottles of wine between the two of us - I think.
>Everyone eles was drinking beer, and there were at least three runs to the
>bar with the company kitty...)

And a run to the bar was for a crate of beer at a time for only about 5-6 people drinking (oh and that does not include the beer we started with).

>For those of you that are totally lost, I ran a very silly (well, it really
>didn't start out that way, but...) game at Tentacles where the players were
>Lunar cavalry in Corflu and were tasked to rescue the settlers up the River
>of Cradles. With David hall as the Lieutenant, and Rick Meintz and Nick
>Brooks as the Sargeants,

Our troopers included Privates Spiv, Swot and Shirker... You can guess what their "special abilities" were. Our Sergeants had the usual loud NCO voices, so much so that David (the Lieutenant) who was sitting between them demoted them both so that they would sit further away from him.

>normalcy didn't last past the opening line: "Okay,
>you're a cavalry troop in Corflu..." "Oh, geeze, the butthole of the world,
>we must really be a group of f*ckups!".

Things went even further downhill when we decided that our Maniple's Guardian Being was a ferret (which had a number of special attacks including a ranged urine attack...).

>The inestimable Mr Fahey was roped
>in when I needed a native scout, and did a wonderful job as You Bastard,
the
>Newtling Sable Rider, especially with our "Grizzled Veteren of the Plains
>Wars" 'interpreting' for him. The numerical inconsistancy of the Impala
>riders was due to newtlings using base 3 (only three fingers), and Daniel's
>wonderful counting.

It was great to hear Daniel's description of what he had seen and then to hear Sean Varney's (the "Grizzled Veteran of the Plains" translation. They bore absolutely no relation to each other whatsoever! In case anyone is wondering how you can be a Newtling Sable Rider, we did as well. I think we finally did work it out, but my memory was getting a bit fuzzy at that moment.

>Oh, and if anyone reading was in the other games trying to run in the
>cafeteria, I apologize for the noise...
>
>RR

That is probably very neccesary!!!

Cheers,