GTA Archives quoting

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2002 09:41:18 -0700

At 05:51 AM 6/25/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_albionsoft.com>
>Subject: Re: GTA Archives quoting

>>However, it seems pretty unfair to say that we can't
>>quote or paraphrase a single, isloated, relatively
>>minor fact at a time out of it, as Terra did in this
>>instance. Is that really, truly the policy? Anything
>>obtained from the GTA archives are to be esoteric
>>knowledge only shared with those that we confirm are
>>also entitled to see it? Where do we get the secret
>>handshake?
>
>As far as I am aware, yes, this is the policy. Terra Icognita's
>infringement is, indeed, minor. But better to draw a line here than set a
>precedent. I certainly don't want to be in the position of deciding which
>infractions are 'serious enough' to break the policy.

I want to back up Graham on this. Don't put hm in the position of making value judgements on the matter. He does anough great service for the Glorantha community to not be burdened with this.

I am interested to know what others in the GTA feel about this. We will set up a site on the GTA pages for discussion for pe0ople who have an opinion. I don't think this is the place for GTA business.

For myself: people have paid money to become insiders, with acccess to this information. To distribute it otherwise seems to be a violation of the agreement that everyone has made.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_glorantha.com
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>