Werebeasts Origins

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 09:11:14 -0700

RE: weretigers and were pigs, etc.

Original RQ included quite a bit that was not Gloranthan in origins, much of which has been since confirmed to be so and some which has never quite fit.

The original werebeasts were not Gloranthan, but were included by the RQ authors because they were interesting, cool or were in D&D.

Werebeasts, indestructible to normal weapons like traditional werewolves, were such critters. Subsequent finagling to make them fit within the context has been interesting and entertaining, but ultimately fruitless for me because they just did not fit within the hsunchen origins. I never though of the original RQ werepig to be Mraloti. My shortcoming, perhaps, to not adjust my mind to such possibilities. In the larger view of having a fun game I am happy to embrace such strange beings, however.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_glorantha.com
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>

End of Glorantha Digest