The GTA

From: Andreas Gustafsson <koraq_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 03:18:30 -0700 (PDT)

I for one think it feels a little bit strange having to pay to be able to "play with the big boys", whatever the GTA material is about.

There are gaming companies ou there that share very freely and thereby create a very warm community feeling.

If you make the fans pay to belong to a special group, you necessarily divide the fans in a "has got" and a "hasn't got" group. I hate that kind of business practices. But if Greg and Issaries is doing it that way, and want to thank people for contributing to the company, sure think. Let him do it.

I for one think the quality of glorantha material have deterioated since Issaries started publishing. The fanzine material was far better, and even though it's beginning to change I don't feel like betting one cent on the GTA, since I'd rather pu those money (if I had them) on a subscription to tradetalk.

Information wants to be free, it's just not sure about how and with whom.

Well, that's my two (euro)cents. Back to lurking...

/andreas

Do You Yahoo!?
Sign up for SBC Yahoo! Dial - First Month Free http://sbc.yahoo.com