Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #135 - 6 msgs

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 17:10:54 +0100

Leon Kirshstein:

>It has been stated, in various places, that ogres are almost
>indistinguishable from humans in Glorantha, however there are many different
>racial subtypes of humans in Glorantha including Agimori, Waertagi, Vadeli,
>Blues, various Hsunchen, etc.
>
>Do ogres come in these subtypes as well?

IMO, yes. Aside from anything else, if they were all (say) wareran, they'd be pretty easy to distinguish from 'normal humans' in most parts of Pamaltela. Or the orient, for that matter. Which would rather spoil the point of them :-)

>Is ogre subtype determined by human parent in cases of interbreeding?

Equally determined by both, I'd suspect. And remember, humans who engage in cannibalism can transform into ogres (Anaxial's Roster p.181), and they'd obviously keep their original 'race'.

>Are ogres fertile with other races such as mermen, elves, or trollkin?

No. Indeed, the correct term for cannibalistic trollkin is 'perfectly normal' :-)

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic

End of Glorantha Digest