Puzzle Canal's riddle

From: John R Hutchinson <jrhutch_at_stanford.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 11:41:22 -0700

OK, one more question for anyone out there:

I assume this is probably going to be dealt with in the Shadows of Pavis supplement, but I'm too darn curious. :) What really is the Nysalor riddle of the Puzzle Canal, and what's it's answer? In old RQ terms I had thought of it as a "Mapmaking skill" riddle about how one makes a map of something that is always changing, or generally how can one characterize that which is eternally in flux, having no character? But now I'm in a predicament because the PCs are close to solving the riddle (circumnavigating the canal) and I'm not sure how to portray the riddle and its solution if they do solve it. There is a Jalmari in the group who is very, very interested, to say the least...

Speculations, sneak previews, etc. would be much appreciated.

--John R Hutchinson

End of Glorantha Digest