Re: Asking the next question

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:19:27 +0200

Mike has a GL-type question :

> So, the two convergent discussions about animals' origins and their
> ability to interbreed got me thinking about the same things on a
> larger scale:
>
> What was born when the 4 otherworlds "came together"?
>
> Maybe this has been covered and I missed it, but I have a few guesses:
>
> Free Will
> Chaos
> Time
>
> or perhaps all three, in that order. The second one is the only one
> that gives me pause, since according to some myths, chaos predates
> everything.

All three predate everything IMO, but all three have changed in nature since the pre-time of pre-existence and the post-Dawn Ages.

The Creator had Free Will (or perhaps the appearance of his/her/its Free Will was concurrent with Creation itself from a mystic POV ?), and many Chaos entities also have Free Will (and they hate it).

Chaos is an attribute of existence itself,, and something else besides : it didn't come into existence during the crash-together.

Time has always existed : what was created by Arachne Solara at the Dawn was "Middle Time", crashed-together Time. Previously, there were various different "brands" of what we'd now call Time, but probably had variant origins and natures and names (cycles vs. eternities vs. mostali AKA newtonian mechanics vs. instants vs. entropy etc) : all of these various kinds of chronal nature now co-exist in the Middle World, and all of existence is bound within that matrix (notable exceptions notwithstanding).

What was born when the n otherworlds crashed-together was the Greater Darkness or Chaos Age AKA : the Devil.

Julian