Crash Test

From: Gianfranco Geroldi <giangero_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 02:58:33 -0700 (PDT)

> Chaos is an attribute of existence itself,, and
> something else besides : it
> didn't come into existence during the
> crash-together.

Seconded.

I see it as a fifth otherworld or a subproduct of otherworlds' attrition between themselves. This way it appeals to me considering that without the 5th element's (air/storm) "rebellion" or "boosted attrition", chaos would have never been produced or seep into. Undoubtedly, in Glorantha chaos is more abundant where wind-blowers thrived the most.

> Time has always existed : what was created by
> Arachne Solara at the
> Dawn was "Middle Time", crashed-together Time.
> Previously, there
> were various different "brands" of what we'd now
> call Time, but
> probably had variant origins and natures and names
> (cycles vs. eternities
> vs. mostali AKA newtonian mechanics vs. instants vs.
> entropy etc) : all
> of these various kinds of chronal nature now
> co-exist in the Middle
> World, and all of existence is bound within that
> matrix (notable
> exceptions notwithstanding).

Interesting image.
Of course a non-chronological series of different "times" cohexisting is a bizarre conception, to say the least.
(are you sure to be sober, Julian?)

Ciao,
Gian

Do You Yahoo!?