More on Ogres

From: Leon Kirshtein <leonbk_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 14:00:44 +0000

> There are probably also Agimori cannibal cults as well -
>leopard people cults, for example? I see these as less Doraddi and
>more Laskal etc, or jungle cults.

Do you see them as more of separate tribes or as integrated within other "normal" tribal groups? If they do form seperate tribes, then would the cult be something of a mixture of animal/Cacodeman worship?

> Kralorelan ogres likely arise from commerce with forbidden
>spirits - not necessarily spirits of lust, but also spirits that
>offer pleasures forbidden by the Emperor and that offer secret paths
>to personal power. Cannibalism being one such possibility.

So in your view Kralorelan Ogres are transformers (someone who is a human and through his actions becomes an Ogre).

> Western Ogres I see largely as 'devils children', children
>born to wicked parents who have commerce with devils. Those various
>unnaturally strong and vicious knights that are found throughout
>Mallory, for example, could well be ogres, as could the various black
>magicians born into evil heresies.

I think the word you are looking here for are changelings. This would definently fit in with the Medieval setting of the West.

I am still interested to know if there are Waertegi and/or Vadeli orgers? I am under the opinion that there maybe a Waertegi Ogre, but the the Vadeli are more a subtype/race of Ogres then a subtype/race of humans.

Leon Kirshtein
www.geocities.com/leonbk/

"No good deed shall go unpunished."