Animists, Shamans and Fetches.

From: Alex Ferguson <abf_at_cs.ucc.ie>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:48:41 +0100 (BST)

Jerome Blondel:
> >> But why _should_ an animistic (not Shamanic) hero need a shaman?

Greg:
> They don't.
> But if they want a decent chance to survive, they do.

Sounds about right for the likes of the Praxians. Isn't it less true of some traditions, though, especially the hsunchen? If I'm a non-shaman Rathor (say), but am Amazingly Well-Integrated(TM) with my Bear self (sp. unimportant here...) -- say with totem animal Talents all in the W4's

Or is it more correct to look at it as, in order to _become_ that advanced a Rathori magician, it's necessary to be a shaman, or their equivalent of that status? (With the totem-spirit as "fetch"?)

Cheers,
Alex.