Sacred Days in an Army

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_celtic-webs.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 20:53:39 -0700

I was just reviewing the various holy days that the Orlanthi attend and came up with a question that I couldn't quite answer.

This question would apply to any army in Glorantha.

The 28 major days are attended by all heortlings. What happens if the Free Army of Sartar is besieging Furthest when Reaping Day comes along. Obviously the entire army can't abandon the siege lines to attend ceremonies. Would it be acceptable for the initiates to rotate through during the day? Devotees and priests have to spend all day doing their thing and so would be out of action for the duration. This could prove problematical for the initiates if all of the priests are tied up unless they could fudge their time and start in batches to serve the initiates.

Thoughts?

End of Glorantha Digest