Holy Days

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:30:39 +1200

Wesley:

>The 28 major days are attended by all heortlings.

"all" being an Orlanthi all, IMO.

> What happens if the
>Free Army of Sartar is besieging Furthest when Reaping Day comes along.

I think the effect of the reaping magics worked on that day by the soldiers' communities are affected adversely by their absence. Likewise the Soldiers' ability to call upon Durev the Householder in communal magic will also be adversely affected. The effect persists until the coming year.

>Obviously the entire army can't abandon the siege lines to attend
>ceremonies. Would it be acceptable for the initiates to rotate through
>during the day? Devotees and priests have to spend all day doing their
>thing and so would be out of action for the duration.

Reaping Day is sacred to Durev. What are his householders (initiates and devotees) doing in an army?

--Peter Metcalfe