Havan Vor and Daka Fal

From: TERRA INCOGNITA <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_mrg.biglobe.ne.jp>
Date: Tue, 23 Jul 2002 19:54:37 +0900

Melancholic for current unavailable status of Brian Kondalski's G Digest archive....
http://www.kondalski.org/brian/Glorantha/

Andreas:
>I for one think the quality of glorantha material have deterioated >since
Issaries started publishing.

At least, I think I can say the Glorantha Digest have deteriorated by both Hero Wars Mailing List and Issaries Policy....IMO.

>From: Jerome Blondel <bwbfc_at_yahoo.fr>

Not Jerome, Peter's statement:
>> I'm a bit leery of whether the firemaking motif will still remain.
>> Greg's already used it prominently in the non-Shamanic Yelm
>> religion and it seems a bit careless to recycle it unchanged for
>> the Doraddi.

Greg:
>Actually, the fire myth is essential to the animist way of life too.
>Forgive me if you must for my carelessness, but fire is essential to human
>beings being human beings. It is (perhaps) the ONLY thing that sets human
>beings apart from other animals.

The connection between Agimori and Fire Myth is what Greg STRIVE to make solution between old and new materials, see RM p. 33-34.

(Some Idea hits me Qualyoni = Moorgarki (Cold) and Pamalt (Fire?))

It might change to nearly unofficial setting? http://www.glorantha.com/new/prax_spirit_tradition.html
>Daka Fal's Fire
>A dead campfire marks this place. It is half way between Daka's Cave and
the Great Herd. Daka Fal meets his descendants here and takes them >to the campfire of their appropriate ancestors. He sometimes send evil folks to Daka's Cave, unescorted.

See about Havan Vor in Storm Tribe: p. 193, theistic viewpoint.

 From the Archive of 100 Magicians of Aggar, it was used for the Alakoringan Rebel against Argrath....it was utilized until Ketil Truthsayer proved it is written around 15C Holay....(Donation of Constantinus?)

"I, the Last Son of Orlanth the High King of Every Wind, finally reached beyond the Wall of Rock where Arkat the Betrayer tried several times, killed and brought back by Harmast clumsilly, and Talor the Sarcastic succeeded and brought us to the disastrous last Battle in the Demonic Spiral, I know here, the Land of Dragons, is everything is opposite and backward."

"I fought long against Atheism, they called our God was false and derived from "Euhemerism" and told us ignorance for the Story of our Gods and Materialism, and preach the complacency of Arkat and sneering of Talor, and worship for purpose and power, but here, everything is changed."

"I came here simple humane purpose for my own stolen property, dragons stole it for I know the story of Vingkot and his way was once desecrated by Andrin the Lier, then you lost true kings like Vingkot, Kodig and Valarastans....Heort told you their god was not only mighty but an compassionate to our act, I don't want to distress you about this matter, at least as a son of himself, I feel burden of his blood is very heavy merely for mortal."

"I know your cousin of north own common feeling with Orlanth, you called them several times as betrayers, but Orlanth might not have been kind to them as you, so, you must tolerate them, for I am called here by Orlanth. His intention is transcendent and beyond our comprehension. But Gods are not monsters like EWF priests lie and pretend. Neither I want to become monster nor make Orlanth monster."

"Our common enemy, dragons are evil because they can distort our purpose and way and changed inside out, good and evil, they do good and evil only through same way, for their own selfish goal. From theirs, no love and true goodness and obligation, for they don't want to love anything. I know there are wars among Sun and Storm, Storm and Darkness, Atheism and Storm. But don't repeat it here and fight true enemies, monsters. Whether from Chaos of Dorastor or Serpents of Kero Finela, we need all of support for these mighty and vile enemies."

Alakoring