Reaping and other Holy Days

From: Donald R. Oddy <donald_at_grove.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 19:45:19 GMT

>From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>

>It can be generalized for any other holy day. I do not believe that
>Orlanthi armies are capable of observing Holy Days (except those
>devoted to martial gods) while campaigning. If an initiate or devotee
>really wants to keep faith, then IMO his best course of action would be
>to go AWOL and make it up later.

Why should Orlanthi need to be on their tula to worship on most Holy Days? Clearly on Reaping Day and Plow Blessing Day they do but those relate to events in the farming year which require the people concerned to be home - I'm sure Humatki have a place in the Reaping Day ceremonies just as they will help bring the harvest in.

--
Donald Oddy
http://www.grove.demon.co.uk/

End of Glorantha Digest