Re: More on Spirit World

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_albionsoft.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 16:29:59 +0100

>This still worries me (although my worries are chiefly rule-based, not
>GD-based). If Integration is being retconned out of Glorantha, what
>happens to characters with Talents gained from it? Admittedly, not
>having seen the rules in any form, I'm working without a basis, but it
>seems to me that no mechanism so far seen other than Integration
>allows an Animist to gain a 'personal', reusable power, rather than
>having to use limited-availability spirits. Looks like Animists get
>short-changed in magic again (unless they're getting a couple of dozen
>fetishes each, or are allowed daily free trips to the Spirit Plane to
>refill). Do Animists have ANY freely-reusable magic, like Theists and
>Sorcerors?

We've been playing with 'merging' with spirits for some time. This differs from integration in (a) not being permenant, although possibly of extreme length, and (b) that the spirit is not submissive - represented by the gaining of flaws, personality traits, and a GM over-riding decisions made by the player on the grounds that 'the spirit wouldnt allow that'. This allows most of the game balance (such as there is in HW) and story possbilities, but framed in rather more animist friendly way.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson