Don't Fret About Animists

From: Greg Stafford <greg_at_glorantha.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 08:14:50 -0700

At 05:48 AM 7/25/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>From: Wulf Corbett <wulfc_at_wulf.demon.co.uk>

>This still worries me (although my worries are chiefly rule-based, not
>GD-based). If Integration is being retconned out of Glorantha, what
>happens to characters with Talents gained from it? Admittedly, not
>having seen the rules in any form, I'm working without a basis,

Oh relax. The rules will set your free.

>but it
>seems to me that no mechanism so far seen

Key there: so far seen. There is PLENTY you have never seen in the new rules. Lots.

>other than Integration
>allows an Animist to gain a 'personal', reusable power, rather than
>having to use limited-availability spirits.

The Animist rules have changed significantly, and way for the better as far as I am concerned. A Practitioner can get his own sprits back now.

>Looks like Animists get
>short-changed in magic again (unless they're getting a couple of dozen
>fetishes each,

Oh, they can get nearly that too.

>or are allowed daily free trips to the Spirit Plane to refill).

Not a chance.

Greg Stafford, greg_at_glorantha.com
Issaries, Inc. 900 Murmansk St., Suite 5; Oakland, CA 94607 Phone: (510) 452 1648 Fax: (510) 302 0385 Publisher of Hero Wars, Roleplaying in Glorantha See our site at: <www.glorantha.com>