Gloranthan Song

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 01:38:54 +0100

So I got to thinking - If the White Moon Cultists are looking to end war and welcome the peaceful empire of the White Moon, they must be some sort of hippy, so rather than the more martial songs Nick has been presenting us with I guess the White Moon Cultists sing songs like this...

Now come on all of you big strong men
 Rufelza needs your help again
Got herself in a terrible fix
 With a bunch of barbarians down in the sticks So put down your hoe, pick up a spear
 we'll show 'em all the meaning of fear

<chorus>

        so its 1, 2, 3 what are we fighting for?
        Search me, I don't give a rats ass
        Next Stop, Dragon Pass!
        And its 5, 6, 7 all off to the moon
        Ain't no time to wonder why
        We're all going to die!

Come on Etyries don't be Slow
 Man, this is War-a-go-go
There's plenty of money to be made
 Supplying the army with the tools of their trade Just pray when they unleash the bat
 the release it on Dragon Pass

<chorus>

Come on Generals let's move fast
 You're big chance has come at last
Now you can go out and slaughter the fyrd  These barbarians sure are weird
You know that peace can only come
 When they all worship Doburdun

<chorus>

Come on Mothers one and all,
 Send your boys off to Whitewall
All you fathers don't hesitate
 Send your kids off before it's too late Be the first one in your field
 to have your son come home on his shield

<chorus>

(Tune: Feel Like I'm Fixin' To Die Rag by Country Joe & the Fish)

There must be loads more too - all those 7 Mamas and Papas tunes "Moonson, Moonson", "Dara Happa Dreaming" "If you're going to Glamour City (be sure to wear some flowers in your hair)" for a start

--
| Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk                      |
| What is the use of a book without pictures or conversations?            |