Re: Sorry, Fire Only

From: Julian Lord <julian.lord_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 14:14:47 +0200

David :

Hmmmm, wasn't planning on adding any more to this, but seeing as we're getting back to Glorantha ... ;-)

> Greg replied to Julian
>
> > Judgement is not the sole provence of human beings.

Let's assume he really means "People" , Glorantha-wise ...

> Are humans the only species with fire, or do human-like beings such as
> dragonewts, slarges, or mostali have it?

Well, the mostali have gunpowder, so I'd assume ...

Anyways, I'd say that this just weakens the position that the difference between People and Animals is that People can make Fire, and Animals can't : cerainly untrue for merpeople and many other Gloranthan Races that count as People, Man Rune or not. Could the prehistoric uz make fire ? Can Grandpa the Catfish ?

But it's a brilliant metaphor, and I can see many Gloranthan peoples believing it.

Julian