Re: Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #160 - 9 msgs

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 14:21:36 +0100

>Are humans the only species with fire, or do human-like beings such
>as dragonewts, slarges, or mostali have it?

The mostali surely have it, since they forge metal (and, indeed, its specifically mentioned in the old RQ Mostal cult write-up). Peoples such as the ducks and morocanth must have it, too, since their cultures are similar to those of the surrounding humans. Trolls (aside from the insane ZZ types) and aldryami are unlikely to use it, though, and the same may well be true of dragonewts. The various types of mermen obviously don't. I would expect beings such as broo, grotarons, tusk riders to employ fire, but I don't recall anything that actually proves this.

Fire may well distinguish humans from animals, but it doesn't reliably distinguish them from other sentient peoples.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic