The Founding of Pavis-outside-the-walls

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 22:01:46 +0100

I'm thinking of writing a scenario set at the time of the Founding of New Pavis with a possible view to later using it as the basis of a freeform.

Some questions that I'd like your wisdom on

  1. From KING OF SARTAR we learn that Varthanis Brighthelm who becomes Count of Sun County seven years after the founding was an Elmali convert who turned to the faith of Yelmalio as a result of meeting Monrogh and travelled with Dorasor to Pavis. So presumably the founding of the city was contemporaneous with the revelation to Sun County of the results of Monrogh's heroquest. So what was the faith of Sun County before that happened? What difference did the heroquest make to religious practice?
  2. How did THE PEOPLES OF PAVIS handle freeform depiction of adventures in the Rubble? This is a tricky point for me since if I let the players go off into the Rubble they will leave the main focus of the action for a time and tie up at least one ref to resolve their actions. But I don't want to set a freeform right next to the biggest pile of trouble and treasure on the lozenge and not use it.
--
Michael Cule