Inhumans and Fire

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 12:06:32 +1200

David Dunham

>Are humans the only species with fire, or do human-like beings such
>as dragonewts, slarges, or mostali have it?

The Mostali definitely have fire - how else would they smith their iron weapons? Likewise the Uz have fire even if its users are outsiders (Zorak Zoran, Lodril). It's questionable whether Dragonewts can actually _make_ fire - that they use fire is unquestionable (c.f. the burned troll corpses at the smoking ruins) but IMO they are more likely to use fire-breathing wyrms.

I don't think firemaking is a common practice among the Slarges - some great slarges might know how to make fire but they are pretty much individualists. Morocanth can make fire as part of their success in the survival covenant while all elves (save for the White Elves) cannot.

Merfolk cannot use fire for obvious reasons. Broos have been known to use fire but it's not something that's innate to them IMO but rather something they stole.