Mysticism

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2002 22:12:38 +1200

Mike Cule:

>1) Mystic is a term that has been used in Glorantha for a long time but
>now has a specific meaning. Does anyone think that Gaiseron 'the Mystic'
>of Loskalm and Jaldon 'the mad dental mystic' actually could be Mystics
>in the newly revealed sense?

Gaiseron the mystic can be transcendentally aware but he is not a mystic in the orthodox sense as he approaches the Ultimate through the lens of western magic. This makes little difference as a gloranthan could be described as a sorcerer in the sense of evil magician without having anything to do with the sorcery plane. So he is still Gaiseron the mystic and only a God Learner would quibble to the description.

I've never heard of Jaldon being described as a mystic before.

--Peter Metcalfe