re: Mermen and fire

From: andrew joelson <ajoelson_at_earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 11:04:14 -0500

Andrew Barton:

> A thought occurs to me - mermen would find it pretty hard to
> use fire to forge weapons, but if they work with rune-metal
> maybe they don't need to.

    My memory of RQ2 Troll Pac describes Uz smiths as sorcerers. They would sing over the metal top make it mallable while working it. There is no reason why other non-fire using races couldn't do the same. Doesn't have to be sorcery either, just some sort of magic that makes the metal workable.

    Actually, all of the above would apply even to fire-users if they dwell in an area where fuel is scarce, like humans near an elf forest...

Andrew