Rokari and Tapping

From: Tim Ellis <tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2002 23:32:59 +0100

In message Glorantha digest, Vol 9 #164 -Joerg writes

> No tapping of Malkioni, of
>> any Caste or Sect was generally agreed to be a good restriction,
>
>The same nonsense came up at the first run of HtWW1. Incredible.
>
>Why should the peasants be excluded from risiking their souls for the
>faith when nobles face moral degradation, soldiers physical as well as
>metaphysical wounds and wizards wagering their entire essence?

Well then we apply Rationalisation - the representatives from Pasos and Nolos were busy trying to agree a trading monopoly with the East Isles representative, who was worried that the ban on tapping would not go down well as it was their main weapons against the sea daemons who threatened them. We explained to him that although the Council's ban would be expected to be upheld, obviously not everyone could be expected to live a flawless life all the time, and if the wizards of his faith were forced to tap these creatures to save their lives, and then did suitable penance for their lapse, it would be possible for a duly ordained bishop to forgive their sins....

--

  Tim Ellis           EMail tim_at_timellis.demon.co.uk

  Christian people above all should know the Truth is not the same as
  erasing ambiguity                 Robert Runcie 1999