Elmal/Yelmalio

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_quicksilver.net.nz>
Date: Thu, 01 Aug 2002 22:43:17 +1200

Mike Cule:

>2) I'm still working on something set at the founding of New Pavis. Can
>anyone enlighten me as to the religious motives of people who convert
>from Elmal to Yelmalio worship? What sort of religious feelings are
>satisfied by one rather than the other?

The problem with the Elmali is that they understand their god as the Orlanth's Loyal Thane yet the Dara Happan Solar Religion exerts a compelling attraction upon them. If they emulate the Dara Happans, the Elmali become vulnerable to accepting the Dara Happan conception of the Sun as the Universal Ruler and leave the Storm Tribe.

The Elmali once had a myth that showed people why the Solar Ways are bad. But they lost it.

--Peter Metcalfe