New Pavis Founding: Some questions

From: Michael Cule <mikec_at_room3b.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 23:12:29 +0100

We read in RIVER OF CRADLES that New Pavis was founded in 1550. This agrees with the date of 1546 given in THE COMPOSITE HISTORY OF DRAGON PASS for the death of Dorasor's friend, Sarotar.

However SUN COUNTY says:

"1575...Dorsaror arrived with presents, offers and an alliance".

Now, a further difficulty is caused by the fact that in RIVER OF CRADLES Varthanis Brighthelm is described as being Count at the founding of New Pavis and SUN COUNTY says that he didn't become Count until 1567.

Solutions to this contradiction?

Either: RoC is right and the meeting outside the walls was in 1550. Poskturri Criminal Slayer was still Count and Varthanis was possibly still an outlaw from Sun County and returned with Dorasor from Sartar having visited the Sun Dome Temple there.

Or

SUN COUNTY is right. In which case why the twenty five year gap between what we believe was the motive for the founding of New Pavis and the event.

Is there a sinister reason behind the confusion of dates? Jane, you're good at this!

--
Michael Cule